Friday, April 17, 2009

Whole wheat oatmeal cookies - A successful experiment

Its not everyday my experiments in the kitchen turns successful the very first time. These cookies were one such hit in my house. I just played with some ingredients and wow the end result was really good:)

Both my husband and my son liked it so much it just disappeared the same day I made them.







Ingredients:
(Makes 16 medium sized cookies)


1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tsp honey
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of baking soda
1/2 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tbsp golden raisins


In a big bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients including the walnuts and raisins. Then add the oil and honey and form a dough. Divide the dough into 16 portions and shape them using your palm. Bake them in a preheated oven at 350F for 12 to 15 mins or when the cookies start to brown(depends on the thickness of the cookies and the performance of the oven). Cool them on a wire rack before serving.


A very simple and easy way to enjoy the home baked goodness without feeling much guilty. I am sending these cookies for the "EFM - Cookies" event hosted by Sri.

No comments: