Monday, March 16, 2009

Pepper Chicken 2

This is another one of my recipes for pepper chicken that is very different from the previous one. My little one was very sick for the last few days and so I couldn't spend much time in the kitchen. The whole Friday and Saturday he was running very high fever and both me and husband were constantly taking care of him. So on Sunday when he got a little better, I wanted to fix something quick for lunch. Then I decided on this pepper chicken which takes less than 30 minutes to cook and would require hardly 10 mins for preparation. I made this chicken along with rasam rice and it was very yummy.



Ingredients:
(Serves 2)

1/2 lb chicken breasts cubed
1/2 big onion sliced
1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
1 tsp pepper powder(optional)
whole garam masalas - 2 cloves, 1 piece cinnamon, 2 bay leaves, 1 green cardamom

To grind into coarse powder:
3 red chillies seeds removed
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin seeds

Clean and wash the chicken pieces and marinate them with the turmeric, salt and ginger garlic paste. Keep this in the refrigerator for at least 10 mins. Heat oil in a pan when the oil is hot enough add the whole garam masalas. Then add the onions and fry until they are soft. Now add the chicken pieces and saute for 5 mins. Then add the masala powder and mix thoroughly so that the chicken pieces are well coated with the masalas. Now cover and cook on medium to low flame for about 25 mins or until the chicken is cooked completely. If you prefer them a little hot then you can add 1 tsp pepper powder and mix well before turning off the stove. Serve this curry with rice or rotis.

3 comments:

koki said...

I have tasted ur pepper chicken so many times... I know how good it is ...hmmm miss all those snacks and surprises u gave us :(

Simply Innocence said...

I think it would be nice if u add 1/4 tsp of garam masala for this chicken. How do u think? Looks tempting.

Unknown said...

I could try that next time and will let you know:) Thanks for your idea.