Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Italian Roasted Potatoes

Potato is one vegetable most of us eat without complaining about the taste. If we invite our friends for dinner, we would make at least one potato dish. This is one such dish that is very simple to make for your guests. The aroma of the potatoes and the herbs baking in the oven would really make your guests hungry:)



Ingredients:
(Serves 2 to 3)

1lb small red potatoes.
1tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2tsp garlic powder
1tsp pepper
salt to taste

Wash and cut the potatoes into big chunks. Place them in a big bowl and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle the seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper over the potatoes and toast to coat evenly. Transfer the potatoes to a baking pan and bake at 400F for 30 mins. Stir them once and bake again at 350F for another 10 mins or until they turn golden. Serve hot.

Whenever we eat in Olive Garden, I just love the potatoes that they give us a side. This is one such version of mine. So when I saw the "It's A Vegan World: A Food Event" hosted by Vaishali, I didn't even want to think. I just decided this must be the one I should be sending. I am sending this to the "It's A Vegan World: A Food Event".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sangeetha, I absolutely love a recipe like this which is simple but super-delicious. Also, I never can resist potatoes :) Thanks for sending this beautiful dish to IAVW: Italian

Unknown said...

Thanks Vaishali

Sunshinemom said...

Loved them. I am a huge aloo fan:)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much...yaa aloo is one comfort food:)